Julie Julie Ekstrom
Mother of Five! @julesekstrom
Julie Chad Ekstrom
Father of Five! @DaddyRooz
Calley Calley Pate
Mother of Two
Stacey Stacey Clover
Mother of Six
Shop for Kanga Care Products!
Kanga Care
521 Violet St
Golden • CO • 80401

Friday, July 5, 2013

First Friday Birth Story!
This month: Megan Bost and her baby boy, Henry!

We love birth stories! Each one is unique and amazing. If you'd like to share yours, you can use the button below to submit it. We will read (and probably cry) over each one, and then post one on the first Friday of every month! 

Mama: Megan
Baby: Henry
Due Date: Monday, July 26, 2010
Birthday: Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I went into labor on a Monday. Everyone was off work because of the July 4th holiday being on a Sunday. My husband, myself and several friends went out for brunch and then us ladies went to Target. I ran into a coworker who made a joke about wondering if she would see me at work the next day. I said "Lets just try to induce labor here in Target!" I did a few little jumps and everyone laughed. What I didn't tell my friends is that I had felt a little gush of water. I was totally thinking I had peed my pants right there in Target and was so embarassed!! I went to the bathroom and told them I would meet them at the front. We went back to my friends house and I told hubby we had to get home now!! He thought I was being pretty rude. We got in the car and I told him that I had peed my pants. He started asking if it was actually my water breaking and made me call my cousin, an experienced mama. I was in a bit of denial, being only 37 weeks. They were trying to tell me that it was probably my water but I refused to go to the hospital!

We got home and I insisted on starting to wash my diapers. Talk about nesting!! I had to walk up and down the stairs several times and kept leaking fluid. My husband and cousin convinced me to call the doctor who suggested we head to the hospital. We got to the hospital and they confirmed it was amniotic fluid so we checked in for the long haul. My good friend came on duty for the night and she got to be my nurse which was awesome! My labor was progessing very slowly, even on pitosin. I wasn't really having any strong or consistent contractions until about 4 am. All night my nurse sat in the room with me on the birthing ball and we read gossip magazines while my husband slept.

I consigned to an epidural about 6:30 am and it was wonderful! I went to sleep and got several hours of rest. At about 9 am my doctor came to check on me. I was dilated to a 4. An hr later I asked the nurse to check me again and I was almost a 10!! When it was time to start pushing we put on some Bob Marley tunes. A couple good pushes was all it took and my son entered the world!! It was an amazing experience. We were calm and happy. We were laughing with the nurses and doctor inbetween pushes. My epidural was perfect. I could feel pressure but no real pain. Both grandmothers were waiting outside the nursery to welcome their grandson. He was a good healthy size for being three weeks early and had no major complications. We left the hospital a few days later, surrounded by lots of family and friends coming to visit.

Thanks, Megan, for sharing your story with us! We love that you started washing your diapers while you were in labor! That's dedication!

Share This Post

1 comment: